Portishead | Nailsea | Clevedon
Confidence-builder classes for those already pedalling
Has your child learned to cycle but would like to improve their skills and confidence? Our CycleKids Plus course is designed to teach children some advanced cycling skills through a variety of fun activities & games. The small group setting means your child gets lots of input from your cycling coach, helping them improve not only their skills but their overall cycling confidence. Your coach will adapt the session to meet the needs of the children in the class.
The course includes the following skills but will be adapted according to the skill-level and needs of the children in the class:
- Helmet, bike and clothing set up
- Mounting and dismounting a bike
- Pedal ready position | Pushing off
- Safe and effective braking
- Basic and advanced cornering
- Controlling speed
- Riding in pairs and in a group
- Using gears
- Cycling one-handed
- Looking behind while cycling
All sessions are held in a large, traffic-free area.
- Children need to bring their own helmet and safe, working bike
- Children are required to wear a helmet at all times when on the bike.