How CycleTots works
CycleTots from Fox Cycling is group balance bike fun for 2½ to 5 year olds. Choose from two membership options.
• Option 1. 1 x session per week in any location. £29.99pm
Bring your own balance bike or purchase a balance bike from Fox Cycling.
• Option 2. 1 x session per week in any location, includes Frog balance bike rental to use in the session and to take home. £39.99pm.
- Click the ‘Register/book’ page to view current Cycletots locations.
- Feel free to recommend new locations
- Suitable for all abilities
- 45 min sessions. Max 10 children in group
- Parent participation encouraged
- Sessions include structure and free play
- Continues through school holidays
Say NO to stabilisers
Fox Cycling has taught thousands of children to cycle, it is clear stabilisers are the worst thing to use to teach children to cycle for the following reasons:
- They don’t teach a child to balance.
- They promote lazy ‘core’ strength
- They promote ‘backwards’ pedalling and lazy concentration
- They teach the child to lean the wrong way when turning.
Balance bikes are the solution and should be used as soon as a child has learnt to walk. Balance bikes are also available for all ages of children.
Benefits Of The Class
Communication and language
Personal, social and emotional development
Literacy (picture board activities)
Understanding the world
Expressive art and design (home learning)
Meet Foxy and Friends
Foxy is the head of the gang, and brings his friends along to help children to pedal.
Maddy helps children to become confident and improve their balance before moving onto the bike.
Ozzy introduces and refines the concept of striding on a balance bike.
Eddy introduces and refines the concept of gliding on a balance bike.
Tommy introduces and refines safe braking.
Don't be like the Clunk! He'd love to spoil the Foxy gang's fun, but the Clunk's heavy bike and stabilisers make it hard for him to keep up!
What Parents Say