How CycleTots works
CycleTots from Fox Cycling is a group fun balance bike play progamme for 2½ to 5 years. We run in nurseries, schools and leisure centres etc. You would purchase a term time block of session. Each 45 min session works out to be £7.50.
Try before you buy. Join us for a free taster session. We provide the balance bike.
- Click the ‘Register/book’ page to view current CycleTots locations.
- Feel free to recommend new locations
- Suitable for all abilities
- 45 min sessions. Max 10 children in group
- Parent participation encouraged
- Sessions include structure and free play
- Runs during term time only
Say NO to stabilisers
Fox Cycling has taught thousands of children to cycle, it is clear stabilisers are the worst thing to use to teach children to cycle for the following reasons:
- They don’t teach a child to balance.
- They promote lazy ‘core’ strength
- They promote ‘backwards’ pedalling and lazy concentration
- They teach the child to lean the wrong way when turning.
Balance bikes are the solution and should be used as soon as a child has learnt to walk. Balance bikes are also available for all ages of children.
Benefits Of The Class
Communication and language
Personal, social and emotional development
Literacy (picture board activities)
Understanding the world
Expressive art and design (home learning)
Meet Foxy and Friends
Foxy is the head of the gang, and brings his friends along to help children to pedal.
Maddy helps children to become confident and improve their balance before moving onto the bike.
Ozzy introduces and refines the concept of striding on a balance bike.
Eddy introduces and refines the concept of gliding on a balance bike.
Tommy introduces and refines safe braking.
Don't be like the Clunk! He'd love to spoil the Foxy gang's fun, but the Clunk's heavy bike and stabilisers make it hard for him to keep up!
What Parents Say