Confidence-builder classes for those already pedalling
Has your child learned to cycle (without stabilisers) but would like to improve their skills and confidence?
Our CycleKids Plus sessions are designed to give children the chance to practice their pedalling in a safe, obstacle-free environment with input from a cycling instructor. Through a variety of fun challenges & games, children also have the chance to learn some slightly more advanced cycling skills.
The small group setting means your child gets lots of input from your cycling instructor, helping them improve not only their skills but their overall cycling confidence. Your instructor will adapt the session to meet the needs of the children in the class.
Sign up initially for 3 weeks. As a rolling programme, many of our customers then choose to continue.
The course includes the following skills but will be adapted according to the skill-level and needs of the children in the class:
- Helmet, bike and clothing set up
- Mounting and dismounting a bike
- Pedal ready position | Pushing off
- Safe and effective braking
- Basic and advanced cornering
- Controlling speed
- Riding in pairs and in a group
- Using gears
- Cycling one-handed
- Looking behind while cycling
- Children need to bring their own helmet and safe, working bike
- Children are required to wear a helmet at all times when on the bike.